- 14mm rivoli;
- 4x3mm rondelles;
- 4mm fire-polished beads or bicones;
- 11/0 Miyuki seed beads (2 colours or more).
Thursday, March 29, 2018
This is my latest design, the "Almeida" pendant. Named after the portuguese historic village of Almeida, this pendant reminds me of its shaped star fortress.
Almeida was one of the most important strongholds in Portugal in the modern age. It played a crucial military role, defending the portuguese border in the first years of the country independence.
The aerial view of this stronghold reveals 2500 meters of walls forming the shape of a 12 point star.
Although the pendant only has 9 points, I thought it was a fine name for this design.
List of materials needed for this project:
For a closer look at the pendant and more information about the beading process watch the video below.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Use this component to make a bracelet or a necklace.
List of materials used in this project:
- dark purple 6mm pearly beads;
- padparadscha 3mm Swarovski bicones;
- fuchsia 4mm Swarovski bicones;
- opaque crocus 11/0 Miyuki seed beads;
- galvanized muscat 11/0 Miyuki seed beads;
- galvanized muscat 15/0 Miyuki seed beads.